The dropping in organic traffic, conversion rates as well and sales can be some of the strongest indicators that your website requires e-commerce optimization services. Why? Organic traffic itself accounts for 23.6% of e-commerce orders, with 14.6% of SEO-generated leads converting into sales. Thus, your site must be optimized to drive up profits and business growth.
What are the 5 areas that you should optimize to drive up sales?
It can be a difficult process to figure out which area of your business requires optimization. Given below are 5 ways that can help you get started: –
1. Pop-Ups: – Most e-commerce websites choose to make use of pop-ups for promotions and privacy compliances. However, if you make use of pop-ups strategically you can drive up sales at a rapid rate.
Make sure to avoid pop-ups that force your customers to download your mobile app or take a survey immediately after your page loads. You can try strategies such as collecting an opt-in email while providing your customers with helpful incentives.
2. Analyzing Site Searches: – Make sure to analyze your site searches, this will help you figure out the requirements of your customers. You can choose to review the queries regularly. Additionally, you can use this data to guide your promotion, product design as well as merchandising to boost profits.
3. Cross-Selling: – This area is one of the most overlooked areas of e-commerce websites. You can make use of cross-selling to put forth relevant suggestions that trigger your customers to buy more products thus increasing your average order value. Thus, building your website to cross-sell products can help you boost sales substantially. However, you should regularly check data such as attachment rate and experience to ensure that it is optimized for your customer.
4. Site Speed: – Did you know that 53% of users choose to abandon your mobile site if it takes longer than three seconds to load?
This is why you should make sure that your website is optimized to load quickly. In case you are using a hosted platform you can ensure that your apps are slowing your website down additionally, you can also make sure that your images are optimized
Thus, make sure you have the appropriate data, plan as well and resources to ensure that your website is optimized.
5. Checkout Process: – As of 2023,17% of US online shoppers have abandoned their carts due to long and complicated checkout processes.
This is why you should ensure that your checkout process is smooth and quick. You can choose to make use of guest checkout features, clear checkout instructions, and include low-cost shipping options and buy now pay later options to decrease cart abandonment rates.
With the above-mentioned ways, you can not only boost sales, profits, and conversion rates but also decrease cart abandonment rates. Alternatively, you can choose to seek help from an e-commerce optimization services agency to achieve the results that you desire.