Magento 1 Extended Support for Security and Compliance
If you’ve chosen to remain on the Magento 1 platform post End of Life, then you need to be aware of the potential risks associated with being on an unsupported platform. By staying on Magento 1, your website will be increasingly vulnerable to cyber attacks, including malware, hacking, phishing, scamming, and other security threats. Keeping your M1 eCommerce site secure with Magento 1 extended support is essential to maintaining PCI compliance status and ensuring that your website remains protected.
There are many reasons that merchants may not have chosen to leave Magento 1, even with the knowledge that End of Life for the platform was imminent. Migrating to Magento 2 is time consuming and expensive, and many merchants have taken the “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it” approach to migrating. The Magento 1 platform is one of the best performing eCommerce platforms in the world. At the beginning of this year, over 150,000 M1 merchants had yet to begin their Magento 1 platform; this means that a large number of these sites won’t meet the cut off date for EOL. However, the decision to stay on the platform is risky, and will require additional security measures to keep these websites viable.
What are Compensating Controls?
Although it is risky to stay on an unsupported platform, there are steps that you can take to keep your PCI compliance. Compensating controls are extra measures that can be taken to ensure that your website is secured and protected from cyber attacks and malicious web security threats. This includes additional scanning and monitoring, enhanced Firewall protections, and creating a detailed plan to maintain security services.
By proving that you are adhering to Compensating controls policies and utilizing additional services to maintain security on your site, you can maintain your PCI compliance status, even after Magento 1 End of Life, which occurred late last month. Failure to maintain PCI compliance could result in your ability to process credit card payments being revoked. Security is essential to keeping your eCommerce site compliant and able to continue accepting credit card payments, and continue to do business with your customers.
Magento 1 Extended Support and Security Package
To help you meet the compensating controls requirements necessary to maintain PCI compliance, Forix has put together a comprehensive Magento 1 extended support package. This package is intended to provide additional support and security to our clients who have chosen to remain on Magento 1 post EOL. It provides essential monitoring tools and scanning services, Firewall applications, and other features to help you maintain ongoing security and extended support for your Magento 1 website.
Our Magento 1 Extended Support and Security Package includes
- Malware Scanner: Sucuri Site Checks protects your website from cyber attacks.
- Up-time Monitoring: StatusCake up time monitoring and performance testing ensures that your website is online and shoppable.
- Patch and Version Notification: Know when a new security patch or option is available for your site.
- PCI Compliance Scans: Serverscan PCI scans ensure ongoing PCI Compliance.
- SSL Monitoring: SSL monitoring of certificates and applications to prevent website downtime.
- Magento Site Speed: GT Metrix Pro monitors page speed and performance to keep websites running fast.
- Server Monitoring: Zabbix server monitoring identifies potential overloads or space issues before they become a problem.
- Magento Version Monitoring: Keep tabs on the latest updates to Magento and know when a new version becomes available.
- Firewall Implementation and Configuration: Advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF) from either Cloudflare or Fastly for additional security.
Keeping your website in PCI compliance is a top priority for Magento 1 websites, now that the M1 platform is unsupported by Adobe. By partnering with Forix, you can ensure that your compensating controls are taken care of by qualified professionals. By providing you with 24 hour a day security and extended support, we can help you keep your Magento 1 website running smoothly.
Maintain Magento 1 Extended Support with Forix
Staying on Magento 1 is risky, but not impossible. If you’re among the 150,000 merchants still running on the Magento 1 platform, you need to be prepared to take on additional security features and programs in order to keep your site secure. Forix can help you maintain PCI compliance and overall security with Magento 1 extended support. Get in touch with our team of Magento experts today to learn more about how we can help you meet compensating controls standards and ensure that your eCommerce site stays secure.