Why Do I Need Magento 1 Support?
Official support for the Magento 1 platform ended on June 30th of this year. This means that eCommerce websites still running on either Magento 1 Enterprise or Community edition are now on an unsupported platform. Websites running on unsupported platforms are vulnerable to cyber security threats, and these vulnerabilities will increase as time goes on. To keep your M1 website protected from cyber threats, you’ll need to find third party Magento 1 support from a managed services provider.
Forix is a certified Magento agency with over 700 successful launches of Magento eCommerce sites on our books. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to maintain ongoing support and security for your M1 site, even after the End of Life date.
What’s Happening to Magento 1?
End of Life for the Magento 1 platform was announced in September 2018, with an end date set for June 30th, 2020. This should have given merchants ample time to migrate away from the Magento 1 platform before it became unsupported. However, over 150,000 merchants have chosen to remain on the M1 platform after EOL.
Migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is both time consuming and prohibitively expensive. Depending on the size and scale of your website, a Magento 2 migration could take as long as six months, and can cost upwards of six figures for large businesses. Choosing to stay on Magento 1 makes sense for many merchants who experience ongoing success with their Magento 1 eCommerce sites.
How Can I Keep My Magento 1 Website Secure?
To help our clients who have chosen to remain on Magento 1 keep their eCommerce sites secure in a post- EOL world, we’ve created an exclusive extended support package. Our Magento 1 support and security package includes
- Malware Scanner: Sucuri Site Checks protects your website from cyber attacks.
- Up-time Monitoring: StatusCake up time monitoring and performance testing ensures that your website is online and shoppable.
- Patch and Version Notification: Know when a new security patch or option is available for your site.
- PCI Compliance Scans: Serverscan PCI scans ensure ongoing PCI Compliance.
- SSL Monitoring: SSL monitoring of certificates and applications to prevent website downtime.
- Magento Site Speed: GT Metrix Pro monitors page speed and performance to keep websites running fast.
- Server Monitoring: Zabbix server monitoring identifies potential overloads or space issues before they become a problem.
- Magento Version Monitoring: Keep tabs on the latest updates to Magento and know when a new version becomes available.
- Firewall Implementation and Configuration: Advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF) from either Cloudflare or Fastly for additional security.
By providing merchants with enhanced monitoring and scanning capabilities, improved Firewall capabilities, and around the clock maintenance, security, and support, we can help these sites maintain their PCI compliance status and general Magento 1 support.
Work With an Experienced Agency for Magento 1 Support
To keep your M1 website secure after EOL, it’s essential that you choose a Magento partner who knows how to protect your eCommerce site. The team at Forix consists of over 60 certified Magento developers, along with project managers, UX experts, and digital strategists to help take your eCommerce site to the next level. Get the Magento 1 support you need to keep your website running smoothly when you work with us. Reach out to our team today to learn more.