Images are an essential part of CRO, especially in the realm of e-commerce. After all, the lack of a physical store means you should take advantage of images to both show off your products and encourage customers to complete a purchase. Using the appropriate strategies is essential to getting the best conversion rates when using photos in your online store. For additional help with image strategies, contact the Magento managed support team at Forix.
1. Never Compromise on Quality
Lower quality images will no doubt load quicker, which sounds great for keeping your website from lagging too much. However, that lack of quality does nothing to impress customers – in fact, it makes it look like you don’t care about the image of your brand or products at all. All images on your site, from product photos to displays that include CTAs, should all be of high quality.
2. Add a Human Element
Human faces do a lot to attract your customer’s attention and add a bit of personalization to the otherwise sometimes impersonal world of online shopping. They also give you an opportunity to take advantage of three other great strategies:
- Showing emotion. Emotion is how people connect to products, and photos of people are a great way to harness that. An image of someone looking happy while using your product instills the idea that your potential customers will be happy, too.
- Facing your CTA. You want customers to see your CTA no matter. Having a human photo that’s facing or looking at your CTA automatically guides your customer’s attention there. And when customers notice your CTA, they’re more likely to convert.
- Pair photos with customer testimonials. The benefits of a happy looking customer increase when you can combine it with another great CRO strategy: customer testimonials. The use of a human image makes the testimonial seem even more real.
Whether you’re showing off the emotions of your customers, drawing focus to elements, or even just assuring your customers that there is a human on the other side of the store, you’re opening a line of trust with your visitors that can encourage conversions. The Magento managed support team can help select images that will optimize conversion rates across your site
3. Apply the Appropriate Number of Images
Human brains are capable of interpreting smaller parts to decipher a whole image. That’s why if you have too many images, your customers may not get the full impact you’re trying to get across. Making sure that your photos only have one focal point is the key to making sure that the right message reaches the customer.
When it comes to landing pages, you may not want to go overboard on images (and especially not in an automatic slider). Your product pages, on the other hand, will benefit from having photos from as many angles as possible to give the customer the digital equivalent of picking a product and looking at it. Just make sure that your customers can control the experience.
4. Avoid Stock Photos
Stock photos tend to have a major flaw: they look too perfect. As a result, customers can recognize them and then realize they’re not getting a genuine experience of your brand. You want to limit your use of these images as much as possible.
To learn more about how to optimize photos on your Magento website, reach out to the Magento managed support team at Forix today.