Magento 1 Security and Support From a Certified Magento Agency
Magento has long been the gold standard for ecommerce websites. With its highly customizable, open source platform and myriad of extensions, it’s no surprise that Magento 1 is one of the most widely used ecommerce platforms in the world. Even after Magento 1 End of Life was announced in September 2018, many merchants chose to remain on Magento 1 and eschew a large scale migration to Magento 2. However, with Magento 1 EOL fast approaching, the 150,000 merchants who remain on the Magento 1 platform now face uncertainty in terms of support and security. Fortunately, certified Magento agency Forix is prepared to help M1 merchants maintain security with ongoing support for their ecommerce sites.
Why Does Security Matter?
Maintaining on site security is crucial to your Magento 1 website, especially after M1 End of Life on June 30th, 2020. You’ll need to partner with a third party to ensure that your website is able to maintain PCI compliance and protect your user and admin data. As a certified Magento agency, Forix can provide the support and security services necessary to keep your ecommerce site safe from malware, hackers, and other cyber security threats.
Data breaches caused by cyber attacks can be devastating to companies and online ecommerce websites. If your admin or user data is stolen, your business could be on the hook for any damages or losses, especially financial losses incurred by your users. The impact of a data breach or cyber attack on your ecommerce website may cost millions of dollars, and some online businesses never recover from an attack of such scale. Therefore, it is imperative to maintain a high level of security for your ecommerce site at all times, especially on an unsupported platform such as Magento 1.
Magento 1 Security and Ongoing Support
To keep your Magento 1 website supported after EOL in June, Forix has developed a proactive security package for our clients who have chosen to stay on the Magento 1 platform. Our security package includes many features to monitor and maintain security on your website, including
- Server Monitoring: Zabbix server monitoring identifies and notifies us of potential server issues.
- Malware Scanner: Sucuri Site Checks monitors your website for malware and cyber attacks.
- Firewall Implementation and Configuration: Advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF) from either Cloudflare or Fastly adds an important layer of security to your site.
- SSL Monitoring: SSL monitoring of certificates and applications to help prevent security issues and lapses in your certifications.
- PCI Compliance Scans: Serverscan PCI scans identify potential issues and ensures ongoing PCI Compliance for your site.
- Up-time Monitoring: StatusCake uptime monitoring helps you avoid unplanned downtime.
- Magento Site Speed: GT Metrix Pro monitors page speed performance to keep your ecommerce website running fast.
- Patch and Version Notification: Get notified when a new security patch or update is available to you.
Our Magento 1 security package is available to our retainer clients who have decided to postpone their Magento 2 migration. As a certified Magento agency, we provide ongoing support and managed services for clients, including assistance with user experience analysis and improvements, on site strategy, and more.
Maintain M1 Security After June 2020
If you’re still running on the Magento 1 platform, don’t wait any longer to find the support you’ll need after EOL comes to pass next month. Make sure your M1 ecommerce site is secure and performing strongly by partnering with certified Magento agency Forix. Reach out to our certified Magento experts today to learn more about our managed services and ongoing support for Magento merchants.